Saturday 5 April 2014

White Acres part two - Twin Oaks/Trelawny

Day two saw me and James draw on Twin Oaks, so again no vehicle faffing.....
I drew peg 13 which had done 40lb for nowhere on Monday and with the car park end pegs doing best as the wind was pushing that way, it could be tricky.

Peg 13, Twin Oaks
 
 
I set up a method rod, a pellet wag rod (but didn't get a fish,  so no more on that) and 3 pole rigs.
A meat line at 2+2, a depth rig to be fished at 10m with banded 6 and 8mm pellets plus the standard margin rig.
 
The match started ok with a fish first chuck on the method,  but a flurry of fish hooked and pulled out of, with the odd one landed, meant that the first hour saw me have about 15lb in the net. I also landed a rock of a pound or so, this was thanks to a carp transferring the hook....the hook was weakend, but like a wally I didn't realise until I lost the next fish!!

The second hour was quieter with only a couple fish netted, F1's.
Around me saw the guy on p11 have around 30lb and the chap on 15 landed a couple lumps plus some silvers from his 5m/meat line.
The third hour was ok, I couldn't get a bite at 2+2, but the 10m line gave me a run of F1's on banded 8's. Plus I had a couple carp on the method.
Into the forth hour and I guessed I was 2nd last in section but hoped for a massive run of lumps.  This never occurred. But I did get some more F1's and some skimmers on the meat line.
I just could not get a sensible run of fish, more importantly,  carp,  from that line.
The guy on the right of me had a good few lumps along with some smaller ones and F1's.
Into the last hour and I could see peg one catching carp each drop so perhaps the lumps were mostly that end?
I had an ok last hour, probably landing 20lb of carp including a nice 8lb+ fish from 6 inch of water, plus 10lb of skimmers/F1's.  But I was well behind.
The all out was shouted and we all packed up.
What I do like at the lakes so far is the efficiency of the weigh in. But I also get odd looks at to why I don't mix carp with other species in our nets..... I guess it's to do with fishery rules and silvers pool.
 
Anyways the weigh in showed me hit just over 80lb,  but my section had a good few 100lb+ weights. There was a 50lb net and another 80lb+. So I had 3 points for the second day running.
James on the other lake had weighed enough to pick up five points.  But their weights were generally lower than ours.
 
The evening saw us head home as James was unwell.  So it was a matter of loading all the kit into the van,  he would drop me home and I would drive back to finish the festival. I also made a point of taking everything back to make sure I could fit in the car everything I needed.
I stayed home and left to arrive back here by 9am, the draw for Porth being at 9:30.
 
Until part three,  take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment