Saturday 5 April 2014

White Acres, Day Four, Bolingey

Thursday was my trip to bagging venue Bolingey. Well I should say possible bagging venue.
Looking at the full results for the week shows plenty of weights of 25lb or less,  some blanks and several weights under 10lb.
At the draw I pulled peg 9. Not a great peg, and 24lb came off it on Wednesday for 5 points!
The day began well, I got in the car and left for the venue,  but remembered that I didn't have a clue where it was,  so after a bit of guesswork I arrived 30 minutes after I left....I did the same on the way back!!!!...Numpty.

Peg 9, Bolingey
 
 
At the peg I set up a method feeder,  pellet wag and three pole rigs.
The pole rigs were one for meat at top kit plus one, this will do for 10m where I planned to feed gently via a tosspot.
Lastly I set up a margin rig and a shallow rig for pellet in the band.
 
I won't go into too much detail as me and the angler to my left struggled for most of the day. I had a 3lb carp on my second cast of the method. Nothing for an hour before 2 F1's from the longer line.
I then lost a lump which broke 0.18 hooklength.
The third hour gave me a 5lber from the short meat line.
I had a blank forth hour before two late carp were landed from the short line,   but only after losing 3 foul hooked margin fish,  I did get some scales as parting gifts!!!.
 
Else where the first lake looked like it had fished well with them all netting fish regularly.  On my lake the chap to my left and the angler to his left both caught a few mugged fish on the pole but it was hard for them.
Otherwise people were doing okay in spurts.
 
The scales arrived at my peg.  A look at the board showed that the other lake gave everyone 100lb+.
My 30lb weight was the best off  the peg this week and would probably be the section last. But I am pleased despite this. At least I didn't blank.
Next door weighed 46lb thanks to 3 late lumps.
Actually my weight was worth 5 points...which was not too bad, so not second last in section!!
 
Next up.  Pollawyn on the last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment