Tuesday 28 June 2016

Pawlett Club Match, Sedges, 26-06-16

A brief blog today, around 28 of us fished today including a new member in Jamie Parkhouse, another quality angler, covering all of Tile Lake and pegs 1 to 10 on Brick.
I wanted to be on Brick from peg 7 to 10, instead I plucked peg 32, a peg that I defo was not too keen on, preferring to be anywhere from 40 back to maybe 35 as these are usually more consistent.

I had Chris Higgs on my right in the corner peg 30, Paul Squire on peg 33 was to my left.

Tile Lake, peg 32. Sedges.
I set up a method feeder, a lead rod, a pellet wag and 3 pole rigs (margin, short meat, 14m shallow/slapping). I wont mention the pole rigs as I only had accidental silvers on all the lines.

I started on the waggler catching two 6lb fish pretty quickly, then it went a touch quiet but there was some fish in the area. I switched to the lead over where I had been feeding the waggler and managed another of similar size, then I had a flurry of activity, but pulled out of the fish, maybe they were the smaller carp which have small mouths on the lake.
I managed my 4th carp just before the 45 minute mark, a method feeder caught fish of 5lb or so.

And that was it for a few hours, in fact I only had 2 more carp during the match, both on the method feeder. It was rather hard up this end of the lake. I could see everyone from peg 35 down to 40 catching a good few. Paul on p33 was getting an odd fish, including a 15lb+ fish.

At the all out I packed up and went home, tipping back my 6 or 7lb of accidental silvers and my 6 carp which probably weighed 40lb.
It turned out that it was a secret pairs match, so secret that I never knew, so sorry to whoever was my partner!!

As far as I have found out, the winner on the day was Jamie Cook (Sedges owner) from a peg on Brick Lake, Steve Fouracre was 2nd from peg 40 on Tile.
I am not sure who won the pairs, but Jamie's partner also DNW'd......

Anyways, I don't have any matches planned for next Sunday as yet, though Saturday, after work, I may go up on the KSD somewhere or perhaps back on the Huntspill.
The following weekend I have the 3rd round of my Saturday Series on Sedges Brick Lake and then Pawlett's Silvers' Winners final, not 100% sure of the venue yet...!!

Until then, take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment