Thursday 30 March 2017

Landsend Series, last round, 26-3-17

Short blog today, from the weekend's match.

I  managed to get onto the Ken Rayner/Landsend/So-Simple Baits league as a stand-in  (for Pete Nurse I think) and would be on Lake 3, which I prefer over the Speci Lake, lake 1.

I was certain it would fish alright given the warmer days we have been having, but the nights have been cool and days bright, so things were up in the air so-to-speak.
Anyways I plucked peg 70, a tidy peg but the far bank sheltered the water from the sun for most of the day, so I was less than optimistic, but it is always good for some fish. I expected the opposite end to fish a bit better to be honest.

Peg 70, Landsend Lake 3
I set up a few rigs, none for silvers, which in hindsight was a mistake as the top silvers was 9lb and 7-12 took the silvers money by default.
Anyways a pellet rig for on the deck across, a pellet rig for along the left hand bank. A rig for my left margin and a meat rig for 2+2 off to my right in the direction of a weed bed.

To shorten a long day, it began with peg 68 (Mike West) having a few small f1s and peg 41 also catching a few fish. Peg 42 took 2.5hrs for their 1st fish and it was fishing hard at least for us at this end of the lake. I waited maybe an hour and endured a broken number 4 from my 1st fish hooked (and lost).
The day dragged for all it seemed, but Shawn Kittridge and Andy Hembrow took the top 2 on the lake with 53lb and 60lb respectively, from the other bank and other end of the lake.
I had 8 carp in total, all small ones (following me this winter) for a level 20lb and a solitary F1.
4 carp came from the end bank, 4 from across, all on the pellet at full depth.
I had plenty of liners and indications, but couldn't get them to feed, but it seemed most of the complex suffered this.
If my carp averaged a sensible 4lb each then I would have won the section, but sometimes these scrappy small fish are resident in certain pegs and you have to hope they want to feed, but they never did.

On the day the results were...
1. 162-15 - Gary O'Shea - p18 Lake 2 Match Lake
2. 119- 2 - Tony Rixon - p13 Lake 2
3. 79-15 - Lewis Jones - p27 Lake 1 Speci Lake
4. 77-15 - Russ Peck - p29 Lake 1
5. 65- 7 - Steve Hutter - p34 Lake 1
6. 60-12 - Andy Hembrow - p55 Lake 3 Johns Lake

Silvers
1. 15- 4 - Ken Rayner - p31 Lake 1 Speci Lake
2. 14-13 - Rich Lovering - p33 Lake 1
3. 14- 9 - Mike Duckett - p20 Lake 2 Match Lake

Saturday is the next Fisho at Viaduct, looks like a 130 peg sell out, so plenty of not-to-draw pegs, so Campbell or a couple Cary pegs will do me thank you.
No plans on Sunday yet....

Have fun,
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment