Sunday 30 October 2016

Teams of 3, Round 4. Shiplate. 30-10-16

Quick blog today, A) because I caught naff all and B) because I caught naff all......

Got to the venue for the earlier draw now the clocks have gone back, Capt. Tom had to do the draw and I was positive with what I hoped he would be bringing back. My preference being to be on Main Lake or maybe Hawthorn. Westpool.....nah thanks. Tom told me to grab a catch shot of poss.....
No suck luck, he drew himself Hawthorn peg 9, not a bad peg at all with the boards across.
Titch had peg 6 on the Main Lake, not the best peg but should be worth a few fish but with peg 1 and 7 preferred, section 3rd would be a good result.
I had Westpool peg 7. Not good. Peg 8 is always a good peg as peg 9 isn't used, peg 6 is in so I had an angler each side, capable guys in the form of Mark Wynne on peg 8 and venue expert Julian Pinkett on peg 6. I also had Mark Radford (p4) and Steve Howell (p2) in my mini-section....mega tough to do well from the only peg in the section with no space.

Peg 7, Shiplate Westpool

Bait was simply Bait-Tech pellets in various forms, 2mm and 4mm feed (plus a few 6mm for the band) and Xpands in 4 and 6mm versions. Some 6mm chopped Bait-Tech Polony meat and some naturals in the form of maggots, worms and casters.
A few rigs, I wont go into detail about as of the half a dozen pole rigs and the small method feeder I only caught on 2 rigs....

The all in was called.....60 minutes later I had a small roach then a small 2lb carp from across in 12" of water on maggot.
An hour later I had my 2nd carp from the same line, oh I did lose a couple foul hookers in the preceding spell.
15 minutes later I had a couple little fish from my silvers line down the middle of the lake then a 12oz chub from across.....And that was my lot for the day.
I watched Mark Wynne catch pretty regular for the first 3hrs before slowing down, but he looked to at least won our mini-section with around mid-50lb.
Julian on peg 6 was struggling and ended with 3 small carp, but he did catch a good few chub and other assorted silvers in the 2nd half of the match and ended up with 12lb I think I heard. I tried to get them to feed but only seemed to bump baby 1/2oz roach.
Further down on the early pegs, Mark Radford and Peanut had done ok. So I expected to be last in the section, this was confirmed at the weigh in. I had 7lb and ounces for last on the lake.
I did try all sorts of things to catch, the fish were present at times, but were obviously tricky to hook.

The lake and section was indeed won by Mark. His team also won the day with Dave White getting a section second on the main lake and Dave Romain won his with over 100lb from peg 2 or 3 on Hawthorns.
Tom won his section and Titch did get 3rd in section from his peg, so team wise for us on the day we done average.

Next up for me, well I ain't got a clue to be honest, I think my next match may well be on Hawthorns in the next round of this series in a couple of weeks time.

Take care and have fun.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment