Sunday 10 January 2016

PSV Match, Sedges Tile Lake, 10th Jan 2016

A chance from Avalon today, as PSV had a match on Tile lake at the well run Sedges fishery, usually the lake is worth a few bites and weights can be okay and pretty fair on this venue.
With the weather a touch colder in the last couple of days and a great deal of cold rain coupled with a nippy wind, things were expected to be tricky and although I commented to the others that 100lb could win it 40 or 50lb-ish would be in with a chance of framing.

Having arrived in plenty of time to have a chat with a couple guys and work colleague Paul Berry, who was pleasure fishing on Brick lake, so was Eric and Steve Fouracre and John Fuidge, they were practicing for the upcoming Silvers series run by Ron Stark.
I looked at the lake and fancied a corner peg, if not then 39, 25, 26 or 27 would suffice.
We had 13 fishing and I waited until towards the end of the rabble before plucking peg 35, I fancied a day on the silvers from this peg, Lee Waller was on 23 and he'd fish for the silvers too from that peg and I could see him easily enough.

Sedges, Tile lake peg 35

As I made my way, rather struggled my way, through the quagmire that is currently the separating the 2 lakes I arrived at my peg to find I had Keith Ray on peg 33 and Mark Radford on peg 27. I began sorting my kit our, micros sorted for the pole and the method feeder, a little groundbait was mixed and chopped up some meat. I also had some dead maggots, plus some expanders.
I set up a method feeder and 3 topkits, though 2 of them (the short meat and edge rigs never gave a knock).

The rest of the day went less swimmingly, I began on the feeder and never had a fish in the first hour, though Keith did have a couple, Mark also went fishless in this period.
A look on the pole saw me remain bite less at 13m, both over the groundbait line and the micros line, so back on the feeder and I was soon into my 1st carp of the day, although it was now 2hrs into the match!! I wasn't the only struggler.
Back on the pole to see if the silvers had arrived and 1st drop I had a 9oz skimmer, I know it was 9oz as it was my only silver fish all day!!
Next put in saw me connect with my 2nd carp of the day, which I landed. A 3rd came to the pole, but I wanted them to be skimmers, I also pulled out of a couple carp on the pole, I was fishing rather light for me, 0.08>18b611 hooks and 6 laccy, all my carp I hooked were on single maggot.
Mark had switched from bread to meat on the hook and was beginning to pack a good weight together, which he carried on doing for the remainder of the match.

The match was now approaching 2pm and I was bored, nothing much was happening to me, Keith was getting the odd fish and I could see Will Dearlove (p39), Matty Taynton (p29) and Lionel Legge (p30) catching the odd fish, peg 31 was doing ok and I presumed Alan Healy on the other side of the island in front of me would no doubt be catching a few.
Another chuck on the feeder saw me net another carp right away, before I pulled out of a couple, possibly foul hooked.
That was my lot for the day.
I packed up, watched a bit of the weigh in and put my kit by the car to at least dry a bit. Mark Radford absolutely ripped us apart with over 160lb....

Results:
1st Mark Radford, 166lb 9oz peg 37
2nd Alan Healey, 53lb 9oz peg 26
3rd Will Dearlove, 51lb 2oz peg 39
4th Lionel Legge, 48lb 7oz peg 30
Top Silvers went to Lee Waller, 6lb 4oz. peg 23

weights...........

Next week I am down at Landsend with the Pawlett crew, we have 3 lakes but a decent perch peg would be nice as the weather looks more wintery this week and could be the cold snap we really need.

On a by note, I am looking to be running a series of Saturday matches this spring/summer, it is 5 rounds on 5 venues and will be decided as a combined silvers and carp section points.
The dates will be 28th May, June 11th, July 9th, August 6th and August 20th.
We have Avalon, Sedges Brick, Trinity Wildmarsh booked, also it looks like Viaduct Campbell and Landsend will be the other 2 venues (s.t.c)
I am, as it stands, limiting at 20 names and currently I have 15 or so interested, but will run a reserve list or maybe extend the numbers if I get 30+ confirms. I will take fees (inc peg fees) and stuff in Feb at some point, if you are interested then message me on Facebook or through here. Or by text on 07500007804.

Proposition....



Until then, take care.
Lee.

No comments:

Post a Comment