Tuesday 8 September 2015

PSV Match, Trinity Woodlands, 06-09-15

I know this will be a short blog.......why?.......'Coz bugger all happened really.

All 14 of us arrived at the lake in nice, sunny and warm conditions, the first day like this in what seems like months, we were looking forward to the day and the prospect of a good few of the lumpy carp that inhabit the Woodland lake on the Trinity Waters complex.
I ended up pegging the lake, much to a couple of the guys' annoyance, as I put 3 pegs (on the 'best side'??) together, but I didn't fancy putting any of the end banks in the hat. But we had to get on with it.

Anyways, the draw was made and to be fair I would have been happy with any peg as I do like the venue, it was peg 33 that I found in my hand so I was chuffed enough, an end peg on the near bank.
For company on peg 31 I had Ryan Radford and across I could see everyone from Will Dearlove on hot peg 6, through to Ron Hardiman (p8), Chris Gay (p9), Mark Radford(p10) etc ending with John Bradford up on peg 14.

Trinity Woodlands peg 33
Simple bait and rigs for the match. I expected you'd need 80lb+ for a top 3 finish.
8mm meat and hemp for 2+2 and down my margins along with 8mm and 6mm pellets for 14m shallow and on the deck. So 4 rigs made, 1x shallow (carpless), 1x short meat (fishless), 1x margin and another for 8mm banded pellet on the deck(biteless).
I also had my usual method feeder set up for across to the empty peg (1 or 2?).

At the all in I potted my baits out and began to loose feed pellet at 14m, a mix of 6 and 8's as I find this better on deeper waters with a big variety of fish sizes, plus there are some roach/hydrids and f1's all of a decent size to be caught alongside the carp.
I lobbed the feeder across and after 5 mins I had a 3lb fish in the net, Will and Ron also had early fish.
Ten minutes later I had a 5lber in my net.

I would love to say this continued for the next 5hrs and 45 minutes...........it didn't!
All that happened was I watched the odd carp get caught across, not many.
It was over 2hrs before my next carp, again on the method, but I lost it at the net when the hook pulled, it looked easily 12lb+, the same fate occurred an hour later but with a 2lber.
So I was 4hrs in and I had 2 carp, Will had 3 or 4 as did Ron. Chris Gay and Mark Radford were on similar. Next to me Ryan had a roach and a skimmer.
It was about this time that I had my 3rd carp in the net, possibly a 4lb fish. Oh I had a handful of nice roach, on meat, down the edge and 1 shallow by this point too.

The last couple of hours were dire also, I did manage another feeder caught 4lber and a 3lb common from the left margin. Only Brian Shanks seemed to be catching consistently at this point, he was doing the best by a long distance. Everyone else was hoping for a run of 3 or 4 nice sized carp, as it looked like everyone was suffering with boredom!!

By the all out Lee Waller, Steve O'Toole and Ryan Radford had packed up and tipped back.
I reckoned I had around 18lb of carp and a couple pounds of silvers.
I packed up and began the weigh in with Will, he'd suffered with fishing by the next peg to him, the carp 'doing' him on the legs.  Chris Gay had a mare, his sections coming apart over the water and went into panic mode, getting the sections back but trashing one and losing some stuff in a comedy of mayhem.

Anways we did the weigh in and it was only really Brian Shanks on peg 13 who had a weight of note, 99lb 12oz was what he managed, most shallow and late on in the match. Mark Radford was next best at this point with 35lb-ish.
The silvers winner, John Bradford, weighed in 10lb 4oz from peg 14.
Onto the solid (near) bank and we saw Alan Healey had 35lb+ form p24, then came Adam Caswell, he had 6 carp, 3 of which went 30lb 8oz and the other 3 went 13lb or so. His total was 43lb 12oz.
Steve Burgess nabbed a quid off me with 27lb 10oz and that was that!
Oh I weighed in 18lb of carp and 3lb of silvers, for not last on the day, actually I was 7th, lol.

Results:
1st Brian Shanks, peg 13. 99lb 12oz
2nd Adam Caswell, peg 25. 43lb 12oz
3rd Mark Radford, peg 10. 35lb 13oz (section win)
4th Alan Healey, peg 24. 35lb 4oz (section win)

Silvers
1st John Bradford, peg 14. 10lb 4oz
2nd Lee Williams, peg 33. 3lb

weigh sheet
So it fished pants, it does on PSV matches there it seems, so it'll be interesting on how many put their names down for the next one in a few weeks!!
I put the dire day down to the weather.......If you were at home on the sunniest and warmest day for a month what would you do?....yep lounge around and do bugger all in the garden. I reckon the fish had decided to lounge around and not do much either.
I like the place so I will be back.

Next up for me is, I think, a match on Lake 3 down at Landsend next Sunday,

Until then, have fun.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment