Tuesday 10 February 2015

Sedges Tile Lake, PSV Match, 08-02-15

Not much to write about this week as not a lot occurred for the match we had at Sedges.

I arrived in plenty of time as I only live a few minutes away from the venue, but I was the only person there when I arrived, so a quick scout around the lake to see how much ice was present, there was a touch of cat ice in peg 21 and that was it.
However it was rather chilly in the fog, but that was due to disperse with the sun breaking through in the late morning.

A slightly foggy Tile Lake, Sedges.
Anyways I wasn't too keen on fishing, I had a feeling things would be tough after a period of cold weather and then a sudden bright day and no ice on the water (I feel ice helps when it's cold).
We only had 7 of us fishing, not a great number, but not really surprised as the weather hasn't been conductive to catching a few fish.

Anyways we paid our monies and chose to fish 7 pegs along the middle of the lakes, pegs 32, 33, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 were used. I drew 2nd last and was rewarded with 39. Not too bad.
I had Matt Challenger next to me on peg 38.
The 2 preferred pegs were occupied by Lee Waller and Alan Healey up on pegs 32 and 33 respectively. Nice pegs for silvers usually when it's a northerly wind.

Sedges Tile, Peg 39

I didn't fancy fishing for the silvers, which in hindsight was a mistake, so I set up a waggler for maggot and meat, a lead rod for bread/pellet/marshamallow/bunches of maggots plus a couple pole rigs, both at 14.5m distance. The 1st in front and the 2nd down in front of peg 40 (just off the shelf).

To cut a short story shorter, I had liners on the 'tip which I couldn't convert to bites despite all my efforts, I never had a bit on the waggler and only had 1 bite, which I missed on the pole line down to peg 40.
My only 2 fish came on a maggot feeder chucked close to the island, both under 1oz roach, the 1st caught on 5 dead reds, the 2nd on a banded 8mm pellet......greedy fecks!!

Other than Lee Waller, who was putting silvers in to his next throughout the match, things were hard.
Myself, Matt C, Matt Taynton, Steve Burgess and Keith Ray all struggled, with the others only catching  a few silvers late on, mostly on the long pole.
Meanwhile, un-beknown to me, Alan had landed 3 or 4 carp and a skimmer on lead/bread tactics cast on/towards the island.

By the time the weigh in had been done I would have been home and on the sofa, Keith did not weigh either.

So not the best day on the bank, but such is life. I would have packed up around lunchtime, but my lack of motivation even got me not being arsed to do that!!

1. Lee Waller (32) ....... 19-5
2. Alan Healey (33) ..... 17-5
3. Matt Taynton (37) .... 5-0
4. Steve Burgess (36) ... 3-7
5. Matt Challenger (38) ... 3-3
And 2 dnw's
 
Mr Waller caught his silvers and solitary carp on soft pellet over micros on the long pole.
 
Next up is a match on Plantation's Main Lake, it has been a while since I fished there.
 
Take Care
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment