Wednesday 19 April 2017

Avalon Teams of 3, Final Round 16-4-17

No fishing for me on Friday or Saturday, so it was a Sunday and Monday combo for me this last long weekend.

Sunday, well it was the final round of the Teams of 3 at Avalon, Myself, Steve and Eric Fouracre had really nothing to play for just try and nick some of the money on the day. Sadly that never went to plan.
The weather was rather blustery and in general. windy, but at least it was set to stay dry.  Some teams were not present so there were a few anglers covering their spots including Dom Sullivan, Matt Culpin and Jonny Page.

Steve drew our pegs, I was on 44, usually a decent peg having won a couple rounds and has a gap with boards on the island. Eric was up on 26 which has been a consistent peg and Steve on 11 which can be good for silvers.
Peg 44 at Avalon
A lead rod and pellet wag were ready, then I made a silvers rig to fish over 2 lines (micros on one, groundbait on the other), a topkit rig for caster down to my right and a rig for down next to empty peg 45.
For company I had Keith Bilder on my right and Tom Thick on my left, I also had my good buddy Paul Wharton in my section on peg 48 in the corner and I had a quid with Mr Culpin on peg 37.

My shortened version of the day went like:
1st hour, nothing except a few rudd down the edge and one lost waggler.
2nd hour I had a single carp on the drop on my silvers rig, only a small 3lb fish. Plus a skimmer and 2 roach.
3rd hour gave me nothing as everyone except Paul down in the corner struggled at this end of the lake, Tom had 3 carp, but decent ones plus a couple big skimmers. Keith had 5 carp,
4th hour saw me land a  carp on the pellet wag, but it was nigh on impossible to feed and you couldn't keep the rig still in the wind, so it was a case of thrashing the water to a foam, both me and Tom were doing this.
5th hour saw another single carp, I didn't bother with the silvers as Vic across on peg 9 was getting a decent skimmer each drop and looked on for 30lb.
Last hour was fishless. Tom ended up on 3 also and 2 big skimmers, Keith had 6 or 7 carp and Paul had nearly 70lb and probably won the section. I had 3 small carp, 2 smallish skimmers and 1lb of bits.

I packed up, but collected a quid from Matt who didn't weigh, but my quid went to Tom, who promptly gave it to Shawn Kittridge......
I didn't watch most of the weigh in, but the sheet showed 23, Tom Mangnal have 90lb+ and 24, Luke Pester (who's drew some pegs this series) on 24 have 115lb. Jamie Cook had 57lb+ and there were a few 30lb-ish sort of weights.
I cant remember what I had, I thing my 3 carp went nearly 14lb and 3lb or so of silvers. Which was not last in section, but may have been 2nd or 3rd last, I don't know. Eric and Steve never faired much better in their sections.

Results:
1st Luke Pester Fu Fighters 116.07 peg 24
2nd Tom Mangnall Mosella UK 93.11 peg 23
3rd Paul Wharton Thyers 68.15 peg 48
4th Jamie Cooke Sedges 57.13 peg 19
5th Paul Lock Happy hookers 45.10 peg 30
6th Vic Bush Mosella UK 40.15 peg 7


Silvers
Vic Bush, Mosella UK, 32.10 - peg 7


Teams
1st - Mosella UK - 27pts
2nd - Thyers - 23pts
3rd  -Fu Fighters - 20pts -165.06
4th - Sedges - 20pts - 109.03
5th - Somerset Carpenters - 17pts
6th - Happy Hookers - 14pts


Final League:
1st: Fu Fighters 41pts
2nd: Sedges 36pts
3rd: Thyers 35pts - 410.10
4th: Mosella UK 35pts - 399.07
5th: Somerset Carpenters 33pts
6th: Mosella Gold 32pts
7th: Over 50`s 27pts
8th: Happy hookers 13pts
9th: Doddys 10pts  -147.01
10th: Wickham wanderers 10pts - 144.02


Overall champion was Luke Pester, Fu Fighters - 45pts

So a rather let-down series for us after going close last year, but some pants draws early on defo cost us and it can be hard to fight back. The top 3 spaces went to corner pegs, which can happen in windy conditions, like it had been for a few days.
Well done to all, especially the top 3 teams and Luke. Plus well done to my carp-disliking mate Paul on coming 3rd.

Until next time, take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment