Wednesday 10 August 2016

PSV Match, Viaduct Campbell, 7/08/16

18 fished this latest PSV match on the ever productive Campbell lake on the brilliant Viaduct Complex.
Another nice day, weather wise, was on the horizon, so no doubt my slightly burnt knees and feet would be a bit more delicate by 5pm!!

I arrived in loads of time and sorted my kit, I was hoping for a day fishing for some skimmers or the tench, which are now a decent size, depending on the peg. So I chucked some worms, caster and a little groundbait in the carryall along with the normal meat, 6mm and 8mm pellets, oh plus some paste..!!

As usual there was a bit of banter flying around, there was a bunch of Welshies and Ade Crawley, fishing the re-opened Cary lake for the fishery match, so the car park was busy with Legacy Tackle polo shirts aplenty!

Back to my match, I fancied one of the top two corners (119 and 123), plus any of the pegs 110 to 115. Not much else floated my boat.....especially 130.
I drew 3 from the end of the rabble, there was 129, 130 and 123 left in the bucket....so a good possibility that I could be stuck with the peg I didn't want. Alas I had 129, the nearside of the spit, Will Dearlove had 130 so he was sat on my right, he had Lee Waller on his right. Opposite I could see most, but Big Pete Uzzell, Human Thermometer Adam Caswell and The 2nd Best Radford (Mark) from pegs 112 to 110 respectively were our entertainment for the day.

Re-used pic of Peg 130 on Campbell......just to break up the writing.
At my peg I set up a lead rod, a silvers rig (unused), a paste rig (2 foulers lost), a rig for banded pellet off the spit and meat rig. There was plenty of carp boshing off the end of the spit.

I wont go into detail as I had 2 carp early on the lead, then a run of 3 fish off the spit in the 2nd hour before the rest of my fish came to the lead in little spurts of.......1 fish!!
I had 1 carp on the meat rig, lost a few foul hookers on the paste rig and a few accidental silvers on all set-ups.

During the day it looked like it was fishing difficult with only my neighbour on 130 catching in a semi-consistent fashion on the lead, feeding heavy in an area of the lake that was literally black with fish turning over the lake bed, he had fish swirling at the pellets he fed, but he did pull out of a good few during the 6hrs and up until 2pm I am sure he was miles ahead.....until I spied his father-in-law (Keith Ray) on peg 115 getting a fish a chuck and was by my guesswork, going to run Will close. though I couldn't see anyone else rumour had it that nobody was doing much, someone mentioned Mr Szakacs on peg 124 caught well early then faded. Oh and John Bradford had some tench, so he'd likely to be close to winning the silvers (but Uzz opposite was skimmer bashing well).

By the all out had called my clickers showed 57lb (7 carp) and 26lb (4 carp) plus a couple silvers, I did miss the net with a near 2lb skimmer that slipped from my hand, hit a pallet post and bounced over my keepnet!! Not that I worried on that as my meagre 80-something pound weight wouldn't earn me any keep. I had 5 carp on the pole and the rest on the lead.
There were some fish in my right edge, so I altered my meat rig, only for the pesky ducks to find where I had fed...... killed that then!!!. In hindsight I reckon I may have had more by fishing longer on the pole rather than the 2+3 distance I was fishing, though it was 13m to the end of the spit where I had fished. But hindsight is not foresight!!

At the all out I was certain it was between Will and Keith, oddly Adam on peg 111 had tipped back his 13 or so carp and Lee Waller tipped his fish (some on the lead...oddly) back at 3pm.

I was 3rd to weigh after Steve Sewell had 60lb from peg 132, Lee Waller dnw, Will had 140lb then I put 83lb of carp (good clickers....happy clickers) and a couple pound of silvers for 86lb 12oz.
I didn't follow the scales as John Bradford took over on the score-sheet.

I loaded the car and made my way round to where the weigh in was going on, just in time to see Keith fall short of Will's total. A glance at the board showed Will leading , Keith 2nd and Chris Szakacs 3rd. Degsy Williams had pipped me to that section money and it looked like that bloody skimmer had cost me. Ah well.
The rest of the weigh in was done, with Pete Uzzell falling just short of John Bradford in the silvers, so again the Gimp took that pot.
Last to weigh was Mark Radford, he had the exact same weight as me, though he must have snuck them in as I didn't see him catch too much.

Weigh Sheet.
Results:
1st, Will Dearlove, peg 130, 140lb
2nd, Keith Ray, peg 115, 132lb
3rd Chris Szakacs, peg 124, 108lb

Sections, Ryan Radford on peg 119 and Degsy on peg 125

Silvers:
1st, John Bradford, peg 126, 28lb
2nd, Pete Uzzell, peg 112, 24lb

So 2 days in a row I was again next to the winner, again always drawing near fish not on them!! Good luck to my neighbours next weekend!! I still wouldn't have wanted peg 130!!

Anyways next weekend I may fish a match Saturday, or maybe a pleasure bash on the Huntspill or KSD perhaps. But a 1st trip to Todber on Sunday with PSV, now fishing Homeland lake....new venue for most of us I believe.

Until one day,
Take care.
Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment