Monday 16 March 2015

PSV Match, Avalon Match Lake, 15-03-15

10 of us fished this match on the 'tidied up' Avalon Match Lake, we have a new member it seems in Vic Bush, I like Vic, you can learn a lot from him just by watching. Actually you can learn something from nearly everyone, so don't be afraid to look, watch and ask.

Anyways I will make this short as typing left handed isn't easy!! As it seems the pain I have had for the last 10 or 12 days is acute tendonitis and I was told by the hospital person that I should have visited them sooner!! Tablets and bandages for the next couple of weeks!!
I arrived in plenty of time for the 9am draw, which by coincidence was at 8:45 as all were present and correct. Adam Caswell had paid his dues to Vic for a bet outstanding and everyone seemed jovial, especially as looking at the lake it looked nice with the water at ideal level and plenty of manicured vegetation and trees.

Anyways after struggling with getting my kit onto my trolley we had the draw, and with only 2 pegs left in the bag, pegs 19 and 17, I had the 2nd last and Vic had the final one. I drew peg 19, although I started getting my kit ready in Vic's peg as I'd forgot what peg I had by the time I had walked 20 yards!!

I set about sorting my kit, which took a while, but I made up a pellet waggler rod in hope rather than expectation, a small groundbait feeder with a 12" hooklength to fish 8mm pellet in a band.
3 pole rigs were made, 1 for silvers at 13m, 1 for carp at the same distance to my right a bit and lastly a margin rig for down to empty peg 18.

Sadly all I had on any of the pole rigs were a super greedy roach on double 6mm meat down the edge and a 6oz skimmer on the carp rig using 6mm meat.

Anyways I began on the feeder, which rested my arm for over an hour as it took that long to get a bite which was a 1lb stockie carp. In that first hour or so Alan Healey on peg 16 had landed around 8 or 9 carp. Ryan Radford on peg 20 was also fishless.
Vic had a couple of small silvers on chopped worm but it was slow for most.

After 3hrs I was up to 2 carp, both 1lb each and maybe 4 or 5 silvers, Ryan was on about 4 carp and Steve Sewell down on peg 22 had 2 small carp and a roach.
Rumour had come down that Adam Caswell was upto around 14 carp!! But other than Alan everyone was struggling, Vic was catching a nice amount of silvers but had lost a couple decent bream or tench.

At around 2:30pm Matt Challenger said he may well head home along with Lee Waller who'd already loaded his trolley and was departing.
Alan had began to catch a few more and I was now content with blanking on the feeder with maggots rather than hold a length of carbon.

3pm came and I had another carp, another 1lb stockie, and Ryan had a run of stockies down his margin on corn. Steve Sewell had began to pack up with the help of his son (who'd had a couple carp and bream from peg 1) before coming down for a chat. He admitted to about 7lb of carp and 3lb of silvers.
The final hour saw me net a few little silvers and in the last 15 minutes a skimmer of around 3lb.

The all out sounded and I packed my gear away and waited for the scales, I guessed I had 3lb of carp and 5lb of silvers. Vic would win the silvers as I supposed he had 20lb and Adam and Alan would maybe contest 1st spot, though I heard Adam had a load more than Alan.
The scales soon arrived at my peg and a glance at the list saw Adam on 61lb, Mark Radford on 24lb with Vic and Alan on 20lb or so.
First up my silvers, they weighed 6lb 15oz and my 3 carp added another 3lb 13oz giving me 10lb 12oz.
Ryan Radford put 13lb 15oz on the board and lastly was Steve Sewell, his 7lb of carp actually was 3lb 12oz and he had 3lb 6oz of silvers to match!

So it turned into a hard day and I am sure that I would have a few more had I been able to fish properly.

Results:
1st, Adam Caswell, 61-04 peg 11
2nd, Mark Radford, 24-14 peg 5
3rd, Alan Healey, 21-11 peg 16
4th, Vic Bush, 20-09 peg 17
5th, Ryan Radford, 13-15 peg 20...
6th, Lee Williams, 10-12 peg 19
7th, Steve Sewell, 7-02 peg 22
8th, Matt Challenger, 5-02 peg 7 (golden peg)
9th, Julian Nurse, 2-13 peg 9
10th Lee Waller, DNW peg 13

Silvers:
1st Vic Bush 20-09
2nd Lee Williams 6-15
3rd Alan Healey 6-01
4th Matt Challenger 5-02
5th Mark Radford 4-12
6th Steve Sewell 3-06
7th Julian Nurse 2-13
+ 3 with no weight of silvers.


Next up for me, hopefully, is a match on Tile Lake at Sedges with the PSV guys, I just have to hope my arm is better. Oh and a trip to the Big One Show at Farnborough with the wife on Friday night/Saturday.

Until next time, take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment