Wednesday 15 August 2018

Pawlett Match, Viaduct Campbell and Cary. 5-8-18

A quick write up for this as struggling to find time to keep up with blogs this school hols.
Well a dry and sunny day was in store, possibly the warmest of the year thus far, 27 of us spread across the 2 lakes, so a bit of room for most. I was feeling the worst for wear due to a 'cold' and lack of sleep....etc
I would like to be on Campbell I thought to myself, or at worst the car park end of Cary where the better weights had been coming out from. Well into the draw and out pops peg 81, left hand side of the spit on Cary, it had been one of the quieter pegs in the previous couple of weeks, but 80 had been rather decent, they obviously didn't want to venture into the shadier side. I did hope this had changed.

The golden peg was 110 and would be a good bet to get taken, more so when Jamie Cook pulled it out, he knows how to catch a carp or 2. For company I had Derek Beards on peg 80 but couldn't see him, I had Tom Mangnall over on peg 85 and behind me I had Mark Hembery and Mark Bellringer both on Campbell.

I set up a lead rod for chucking around the peg.
A short meat rig for in front at 2+2.
A shallow mugging/slapping rig.
A rig for against the spit at 16m using banded pellets.
Lastly a depth pellet rig would be ok for 16m in front and down to the monk to my left.

The 1st hour gave me a grand total of 5 small palm sized skimmers on the meat.
There were loads of fish showing between me and Tom, but he also had not caught.
The next 2 hours gave me 3 carp, 2 on the meat and one shallow. But it did seem as this end of the lake was tricky, Tom was on 3 carp, Mike West over on 94 was on 3 also but rumour had it the other end was doing good and Derek on p80 too was doing well.
Not much happened in the 5th hour but a couple lost fish when trying the lead and pole down towards peg 82 were my reward along with a healthy helping of lost fish and snags possibly why they seemed happy down there, and in the sun....My clicker was on 30lb.
Into the last hour and I began to get action in my meat line, skimmers and carp and I managed to put about 15lb of silvers in the net and approx. 60lb of carp, they had come in a touch too late, well 4hrs too late.

The all out was called and I knew I had come nowhere, Mr West looked he had done well but me and Tom had struggled. My clickers showed 52lb and 37lb plus I guess I had maybe 15lb of skimmers, so I decided I was too tired to wait to be weighed in and tipped them back.
I had heard Jamie on 110 reckoned he had 300lb and a few guys reckoned on around 180lb.

I got my car loaded and chatted to a few guys before heading on home.

Results:
1st Jamie Cook, peg 110. 311lb
2nd Keith Clapp, peg 125. 205lb 14oz
3rd Phil Clapp, peg 105. 177lb 8oz
Then 4 weights circa 160lb

Silvers:
1st Phil Dodd, peg 78. 43lb 14oz (little feeder, micros and dead reds)
2nd Kev Locke, peg 123, 29lb 14oz

Next up for me was the Charity Pairs match at The Sedges with my partner Mark Leader.

Until then, take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment