Thursday 29 December 2016

Avalon Teams of 3, Round 2, 18-12-16

Been a while since I should have blogged this, but to be honest the match, as far as our team goes, was one to forget.

I arrived in due course and Eric went and done the draw, he drew us exactly the same pegs as in the previous round with Eric on peg 11, Steve on 48 and myself on peg 29.

I had Keith Clapp to my right on p27 and matey Paul Wharton to my left on peg 30.
Same rigs as the previous round. Same baits to go with them.

To cut a long story short I ended up catching a few silvers on shallow waggler fishing maggots across towards the island, a bit of a chuck, but with a few fish boshing along the island it had to be done.
Paul struggled throughout the day, finished last in his section,  Keith struggled until the last hour when he managed 3 carp on the pellet waggler to take 5th in section.
'B' section really is a tough one to call and do well in, Tom Thick fished really well to win on the day, including 21lb of silvers, well done him. But the section had the top 3 weights overall come from it. Then it was Lewis Jones who was 5th overall...I could see 3 of these guys catching all day, so it was a matter of hoping for a couple carp and picking up an extra point or 2.

Steve managed a section 3rd I think and Eric was 2nd last in his section, as a team we ended up 8th on the day and drop from 2nd to 6th in the overall standings. Still a way to go yet with 8th of January the next round.

Results:
1st -Tom Thick - Mosella Gold. 54.7 from peg 21
2nd -Martin Lenahan - Somerset Carpenters, 53.14 from peg 26
3rd -Tom Mangnall - Mosella UK, 37.15 from peg 24
4th -Pete Wild  -Mosella UK,  37.10 from peg 42
5th -Lewis Jones - Thyers, 37.3 from peg 16
6th -John Fuidge - Fu Fighters, 33.7 from peg 5

Silvers
1st, Tom Thick with 21.13

I have had a few nice days fishing since including Viaduct, Trinity, Sedges, the KSD and Brue, mostly fishing the waggler and picking up a few silvers and not many carp (well 1 I think) but it's been dry and mostly sunny so it's all been enjoyable. But that's winter fishing.

Not sure where I am next, maybe Sedges next week, if not then 8th of Jan is the next round of Avalon's Teams of 3.

Until then take care.
Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment