Sunday 14 April 2013

14-04-13 Sedges Silvers Match, Pawlett Club Match

The less said about this the better.
After a late night/early morning and only 3.5hrs maximum sleep my heart and head was not into going today, I had prepared my bait and stuff and my intentions were good, but at 7am I got out of bed and really could not be arsed.

I loaded the car though and made the 5 minute trip to The Sedges, loaded the trolley and waited for the draw. Brick peg 16, now I draw this peg (and 18) quite often, infact I think on the last 6 matches on Sedges I have had 16 four times and 18 twice.

I got to my swim, the wind was strong meaning that over 8m wasn't easy as it was heading straight up the lake, so a topkit rig was set up, a rig for 4m out and another for around 8m or so.
A feeder and waggler were set up to.

Well in the 2 hours I fished I managed a bunch of handsized silver fish, perch, skimmers and roach.
Some proper skimmers were being caught as well as the odd accidental carp. But the truth is that I really didn't have it in me to try, I just wanted to get home to the sofa and watch the footy.

So I don't know the results or anything else.


Next time, an earlier night and a match on Trinity Woodlands, a venue I have not fished for years.

Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Woodlands was hard work today in that wind. Far bank had it straight in the face so could only fish margins or the tip. Won from 14 with 70-9 down the edge with meat

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheers Steve,

    Hope it's better next week. Getting bored of 'tip fishing'.

    ReplyDelete